I'm crazy about the new Watercolor Wings stamp set! Not only do the large and medium butterfly stamps coordinate with the Bold Butterfly Thinlits (sold as a bundle with the stamps); the small butterfly matches the small thinlit from the Butterflies Thinlits! All (Watercolor Wings bundle and the Butterflies Thinlits) are must haves in my humble opinion!
I came up with this idea last week before I left for vacation and plan to make a bunch more this week as swaps for convention coming up in July.
Dimensions & Directions:
- Crumb Cake cardstock . . . 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", folded
- 4" x 5-1/4", embossed with the Big Shot and the NEW Elegant Dots Embossing Folder
- Attach to card front
- 3-1/4"" piece of White Jute, adhere to card front with Fast Fuse Adhesive approx 1" from top
- Pool Party cardstock . . . 3/4" x 2-1/2" strip
- Stamp sentiment with Memento Ink
- Typeset Specialty Paper . . . 5/8" x 3-1/2" strip
- Trim ends of both Pool Party and Typeset strip with NEW Banner Triple Punch
- Attach Typeset banner along bottom of White Jute
- Attach Pool Party banner over both with Dimensionals
- Very Vanilla cardstock . . . 2" x 2-1/2" (for small butterfly)
- Stamp step 1 with So Saffron Ink (background)
- Stamp step 2 with Pool Party Ink (outline)
- Stamp step 3 with Memento Ink (detail)
- Cut out butterfly with coordinating Butterflies Thinlit
- Stamp body on butterfly with Memento Ink
- Stamp antennae on Very Vanilla scrap
- Fussy cut antennae with scissor leaving a small tab of cardstock at bottom for attaching behind head
- Attach antennae behind head of butterfly with Mini Glue Dot
- Attach strip of pearls to Pool Party banner
I think this card could be used for a variety of occasions! What do you think?
Need Stampin' Up! supplies? Shop online 24/7! (. . . when you do, please select "allow demonstrator to contact me" so I can thank you!)
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stampin'