I'm a big fan of being resourceful and using what I have! Sometimes I'm forced to because I made a previous choice to go without something. That's the case today, however, I love how my card turned out as I improvised! As I looked at the Celebrations Duo Embossing Folders for the first time, I made the conscious choice to just purchase the embossing folders and not the coordinating stamp set. I thought to myself . . . surely I already own something that will work with them . . . and I did! The shapes in the Layering Letters alphabet stamp set worked perfectly to add a geometric background to my debossed image! (Yes, debossed as in indented rather than raised!) The stamping is done after running your paper through the Big Shot!
I had several class attendees ask specifically if we would do a graduation card in class this month. Rather than make a card that could only be used for graduation, I chose this as that option because it can be used for any type of celebration by simply changing the sentiment that you stamp inside!
Dimensions & Directions:
- Cucumber Crush cardstock . . . 5-1/2" x 8-1/2", folded in half for card base
- In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (2015-17) . . . Cucumber Crush diagonal stripe . . . 1-1/2" x 5-1/2"
- Adhere to card front just below center
- Pacific Point cardstock . . . 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" for layering mat
- Punch the large balloon with the Balloon Bouquet Punch before matting
- Whisper White cardstock . . . 3-1/4" x 4-1/2"
- Use the Big Shot to deboss the celebrate approx 1" from the bottom (I matched the edge of the folder with the bottom edge of my cardstock)
- Be sure to use the Stampin' Pierce Mat when stamping
- Stamp circles over "celebrate" with Cucumber Crush Ink
- Stamp rectangles with Pacific Point Ink
- Blender Pen fix for stamping . . . you can fill in any areas of your stamped image that don't take by using your Blender Pen and ink pad
- Adhere stamped piece to Pacific Point cardstock mat
- Adhere layered piece to card front with Dimensionals
- Attach Pacific Point balloon to card front with Dimensionals
- Punch smaller balloon from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper scrap
- Attach to card front with Dimensional
- Punch one of the larger stars on the Confetti Border Punch from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
- Adhere to Pacific Point balloon with Liquid Glue
- Tie loop in baker's twine approx. 2" from one end, slide over balloon tail and tie in bow, trim as needed
What other color combinations could you use? School colors, perhaps? The sky is the limit!
Even though the NEW 20-17-18 catalog is much anticipated, there are some amazing things going on RIGHT NOW while we wait!
You'll see there are two bundle options to choose from! PRINT the flyer here for a closer look.
On top of the FREE GIFT with purchase (depending on which bundle you purchase), you'll get a BONUS GIFT from me! (Both offers available in MAY ONLY!)
My Special Offer . . .
How would you love even more ideas for this amazing suite of products? 25 to be exact! I have a special gift for any one that purchases either of the Eastern Palace Bundles from me in May . . . a FREE project sheet complete with instructions for 25 projects . . . yes, 25 projects! (I'll send it via email once you've ordered it!)
SHOP NOW to avoid missing out on the great deals of the Retiring Products and Clearance Rack! They won't last forever! (. . . when you do, please select "allow demonstrator to contact me" so I can thank you!) If you select 'No Contact' when you order, I have no contact information for you. So please send me an e-mail.
Thanks for stopping by! Happy Stampin'